|Known for||Medical researcher and academic administrator|
|Institutions||National Taiwan University 16 and Hospital|
Central Epidemic Command Center
|Website||Chang's Faculty Page at National Taiwan University.|
Chang Shan-chwen (Chinese: 張上淳) is a Taiwanese medical researcher and academic administrator. He convenes the advisory specialist panel of the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), which is associated with the Centers for Disease Control in Taiwan. Chang Shan-chwen is vice president of National Taiwan University and professor of medicine in the university's medical college.
- 1 Academic background
- 2 COVID-19 pandemic in Taiwan
- 3 References
Chang has previously held posts including chief of the Division of Infection, Immunology and Rheumatology within the Department of Internal Medicine at National Taiwan University Hospital; and dean of the National Taiwan University College of Medicine.
COVID-19 pandemic in Taiwan
Chang regularly attended press conferences to provide updates about the coronavirus in Taiwan. He says that of the current confirmed cases in Taiwan, the symptoms are mainly fever, respiratory symptoms, and loss of olfactory taste.
He noted that the two groups most susceptible to coronavirus are students and members of tour groups. He has also said there has been an increasing numbers of confirmed COVID-19 infected patients with diarrhoea. He has noted that the CECC decided to expand screening to patients with pneumonia – hoping to detect those infected with COVID-19 more quickly and before they infect others. In March 2020, Chang helped to investigate one particularly mysterious domestic case of COVID-19.
Chang responded to questions about links between smoking and susceptibility to symptoms of the coronavirus, saying it is too early to draw conclusions. He has also pointed out that his colleagues have been communicating with The World Health Organization (WHO), which is taking a great interest in how Taiwan is dealing so effectively with the coronavirus.
- "CECC expert breaks down coronavirus symptoms ..." Taiwan News. Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- "Welcome to NTU Executive Vice President Office". ntuvp.ntu.edu.tw. Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- "這病毒不尋常！張上淳：體內有抗體、呼吸道仍有病毒 - 生活 - 自由時報電子報". 自由電子報 (in Chinese). 2020-03-26. Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- Storm.mg (2020-04-14). "新冠肺炎確診者出現肌肉痠痛 張上淳：不常見，暫不列入通報-風傳媒". www.storm.mg (in Chinese (Taiwan)). Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- 中時電子報. "哪職業易染新冠肺炎？張上淳：這2族群最多 - 生活". 中時電子報 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- "Further self-health management needed after home quarantine: CECC - Focus Taiwan". focustaiwan.tw (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- OCAC.R.O.C.(Taiwan) – News
- Global News for New immigrants-Taiwan experts trying to solve mystery of domestic coronavirus case
- "張上淳解析台灣新冠病例 有這個習慣的人病情比較嚴重 | 專家觀點 | 新冠肺炎". 元氣網 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-04-16.
- "快新聞／台灣昨日與世衛通電話！ 張上淳：台灣仍不在疫苗研發會議小組裡". tw.news.yahoo.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-04-16.